York University International Scholarship To Study In Canada
Don’t miss any good educational opportunity; you never know which will beneficial for you. That’s why you shouldn’t miss the chance to take part in the International Student Scholarship & Awards offered by York University in Canada. The awards are applied for the year 2020-2021.
These scholarships and awards are open to international applicants who demonstrate leadership through community service or excellence in the arts or sport. There are 10-15 scholarships and awards available.
York University is Canada’s third-largest university. There are approximately 55,700 students at the university, 7,000 faculty and staff, and more than 315,000 alumni worldwide, has over 120 undergraduate programmes with 17-degree types. It is ranked 14th globally & 4th in Canada in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for Climate Action.
The applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be an international student.
- Applicants must be required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada.
- Applicants must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2021
- Applicants must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation and have no previous university or college studies.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other individual achievement areas.
- Applicants must be nominated by their high school
- The nominate
- d applicant will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships.
- Applicants must speak to their school guidance counsellor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated.
- The applicant must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form.
Acceptable Course and Subjects
The scholarships are open to studying an undergraduate degree program in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Why Study at York University?
York University is offering gold standard teaching and cutting-edge research, both nationally and internationally. It offers several degree programmes and courses in a variety of fields. With a wide variety of academic, social and cultural opportunities, it is dedicated to helping students fulfill their career aspirations.
Benefits of the Programs
There are total of 10-15 scholarships available for the deserving candidates will be awarded as follows:
- International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction: $35,000 per year
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students: $20,000 per year
- International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship:$15,000 for the first year of study
- York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students: $5,000-10,000 for the first year of study.
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
For applying to these studentships, applicants are needed to follow these steps:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
To be considered for this educational award, you must take admission to an undergraduate degree program at York University. After taking confirmation, you must be submitted to the International Student Scholarship & Award Application by mid-December.
Step 2: Submit Required Documents
- High school Diploma Certificate
- School transcripts already available
- Transcripts from prior school (only if requested)
- Post-Secondary Transcription
- Official survey results
- Start / Course Vitae
- One recommendation letter
- Firstly, Applicants must check all the essential admission requirements at the time of admission.
- Applicants must be demonstrated the proof of English Language Skills.
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma certificate or previous studies certificate.
You will require special permits and visas as an international student to study in Canada. You’ll do it at the nearest Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. You can apply for your permit and agree to accept it after obtaining an offer of admission from York University.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
Contact Address: 416-736-5135 or oaiss[at]yorku.ca
University Location: 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON M3J 1P3, Canada