United States Institute Of Peace Scholarships | How to Apply USIP
United States Institute of Peace, popularly known as USIP, is offering it’s entire catalog online courses tuition free.
USIP is dedicated to supporting advanced research from top academics in variety of fields that contribute to a wider understanding of how to manage conflict and effectively build sustainable peace.
Dissertation scholarships last for 10 months, starting in September each year. Scholarships are open to citizens of any country.
Two Step Process for Applying for USIP scholarship
Application opens in September of each year, applying for a peace scholar fellowship is a two step process;
- Registration. Applicants must first register for an account here. After registration, login credentials will be sent to access the application portal. It can take up to 72 hours to receive these credentials, so applicants should register early.
- Application. Applications must be submitted through the Fluxx online application system. On the application form, please indicate the scholarship(s) for which you would like to be considered: the USIP Peace Scholar fellowship only; Minerva Research Initiative Peace and Security fellowship only; or no preference. Both fellowships have the same application form, deadline, award amount, and selection process; the only difference between the USIP and Minerva fellowships is the source of funding. Three letters of recommendation must be attached to your application in the Fluxx system. One letter must be from the dissertation advisor, and two from current professors.
- Registration and application deadlines will be announced when the competition opens in September of each year.
United states institute of Peace, USIP Courses
The following are some of the courses offered by the institute;
- Good Governance After Conflict; Building institutions for Reform
- Gender inclusivity of peace-building
- Democracy and Governance
- Introduction to Peace-building
- Conflict Analysis and Prevention, Mediation, Negotiation & Dialogue; Nonviolent Action
- Introduction to Psychosocially Responsive Development and Humanitarian Programs
- Introduction to Religion and Peace building
- Justice, Security and Rule of Law
How to Apply for United States Institute of Peace, USIP Courses
Anyone can apply, since these courses are open for everyone, irrespective of country or age. Simply go over to the USIP course Website and take any class you wish to.
Benefits of the USIP Academy Courses:
- Open to Everyone
- Open 24/7
- Free of Charge
- Free Certificate