Are you an international student? Are you seeking scholarships to any University in Canada? Here is your chance, apply for the Algoma University Award/Scholarship for international students.
Study carefully all the requirements, apply and stand a chance to win any of these scholarships.
International student considered for these Awards must have their temporary Visa as a member of the student visa duly verified by the immigration and Refugee Protection Act of Canada on or before the first day in Classes.
Types of Algoma University Award/Scholarship for international students.
1. Entrance Scholarships;
Chancellor’s Awards: Award valued at $5,000(Renewable) for international students entering their first year in Algoma university. Eligibility:
- Applicants who have paid their international differential fee which includes, university transfer fee, second-degree students, college diploma, and college transfer students are qualified to apply for the entrance scholarship.
- US citizens are not eligible for this scholarship, as there are already eligible for a significant tuition discount.
- To qualify for this scholarship you must be a full-time student in any University with a minimum of 2 years of studies. students must complete all their qualifying academic requirements before commencing studies in any program at Algoma University. Students must achieve a minimum of A+ average on their previous academic year.
Language Requirements; The following language must be met upon admission to qualify for the scholarship
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – 65
- Duolingo test of English (DTE) – 125
- IELT – over all 7.0
- TOEFL – 560 (85 – internet Base)
- Cambridge Assessment of English – 185 overall
- The award is renewable for up to additional three years. for candidates to maintain this award there must not fall below 80% each year. candidates must enroll in and maintain 24 credits over two consecutive winter/fall of study.
- Note: In events, the student does not meet these criteria in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded and the student will no longer be eligible for renewal in the subsequent year…
- President’s Awards: scholarship is valued at $2,500(Non – Renewable).
- Dean’s Awards: valued at $1,000( Non – renewable).
- Award of Excellence. valued at $500 (Non – Renewable).
2. GCE ( Cambridge/Pearson) A-Level Scholarship.
Top two A-level subjects are required for Award purposes. English Language proficiency test not required
A* + A $5000 (Chancellor’s – Renewable)
A + A $2500 (President’s – Non Renewable)
B+A or B+B $1000 (Dean’s – Non-Renewable)
B+C or C+C $500 (Award of Excellence – Non-Renewable)
3. International Baccalaureate Scholarship.
International Baccalaureate students must provide official transcripts and proof of their IB Diploma, to qualify for an unconditional entrance scholarship.
POINTS AWARDEDSCHOLARSHIP TIER
34+ $5000 (Chancellor’s – Renewable)
31 – 33 $2500 (President’s – Non Renewable)
28 – 30 $1000 (Dean’s – Non Renewable)
Note: English Language proficiency test not required