Vanier scholarships for international students is fund by the Canadian government, applicants who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and International citizens can apply for this scholarship.
Are you seeking a tuition fees study in Canada? you can take the advantage of this great opportunity to pursue a fulfilling and tuition-free doctorate study in Canada under the Vanier CGS scheme.
Vanier scholarships for international students is a postgraduate Scholarship fully backed by the Canadian government in partnership with Canadian institutions where the Vanier Canada graduate school scholarship is done aimed to attract the best doctoral students to Canada.
Level/Field(s) of study
the Ph.D. program or combined MA/Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. are in;
- Natural sciences
- Engineering research
- Social Sciences
- Humanities research
Eligible programs must contain a good research component that leads to the completion of a
- major research project,
- scholarly publication,
- exhibit that is merit/expert-reviewed at the institutional level as a requirement for completion of the program.
Joint graduate research programs( e.g., MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D.) as well as clinically-oriented programs of study, including clinical psychology, are also eligible programs if they have a significant research component.
Number of Scholarships Awarded
over 166 Vanier scholarships are awarded annually to successful candidates.
The Vanier scholarship is worth $50,000 per year for the 3 years it is to last.
Who is Eligible for Vanier Scholarships
The awards are designed to give Canada a lead and be a go-to place for the best research minds. To select the best from the large pool, the scholarship has some criteria that must be met before one is considered. To stand a chance, you must ;
- be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Be nominated by a Canadian institution of higher learning which must have received a Vanier allocation.
- Have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2022.
- Must have not completed more than 32 months of full-time studies in their doctoral program by May 2021 if they were accelerated from a bachelor’s program into a Ph.D. program.
- Candidates must not hold or have held a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR or SSRRC to undertake a doctoral degree.
How to Apply for the Vanier International Scholarships
This should be studied carefully;
- Each candidate must be nominated by a Canadian institution that has a veneer quota. As no candidate is fret apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
- Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
- Applications can be done in one of two ways. The student can inform the faculty of graduate studies at the institute they want to undertake the program about their intention to apply to Lanier CGS or the institution can initiate the process by contacting the candidate.
- Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline using the ResearchNet application system.
- The recommending institutions then forward the application to the Vanier-Banting secretariat by 3 November 2020.
Tips to Completing a Vanier International scholarship application
The following tips may help you in completing your application on ResearchNet. They are tips only; it is the responsibility of the student to submit a complete application:
- Bold text and stars indicate mandatory fields.
- It is important to save any additions or changes before navigating away from the task page(s).
- The status of all tasks must be indicated as complete for you to submit your application.
- Students should seek the advice of members of their faculty/department on how best to present the information in the application.
Vanier Canada graduate scholarships Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship entry submission is before 2 Nov 2021.